Google has just released Google Publisher Plugin. This new plugin by Google was officially released and designed to help Webmasters and bloggers who use WordPress to access its great products, Webmaster Tools and Google Adsense. This plugin is in beta stage. As the event become unfold, it is expected that Google Publisher Plugin will be improved to its full usage with more features like Google plus and Google Analytics.
“I hope the plugin ‘Google Publisher Plugin’ is going to be a better option for Adsense management and implementation as it was created by Google – Adsense owner – itself”
Google Stand on Google Publisher Plugin
Hear what Google says through Michael Smith Inside Adsense :
This first version of the Google Publisher Plugin currently supports two Google products:
Google AdSense: Earn money by placing ads on your website. The plugin links your WordPress site to your AdSense account and makes it easier to place ads on your site — without needing to manually modify any HTML code.
Google Webmaster Tools: Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google. The plugin allows you to verify your site on Webmaster Tools with just one click.
Google Publisher Plugin and Google Adsense
The design of Google Publisher Plugin makes things easy for Webmasters as regard the implementation and management of their Adsense code to their WordPress blog. There is no need for theme modification, HTML or CSS coding skill.
To use the Google Plugin Publisher for your Adsense placement on your WordPress blog,
- Download the Plugin: You can download the plugin from the WordPress Plugin repository. Then upload the plugin file to your WordPress plugin in the plugin directory under ‘wp-content’ of your root folder. The easier alternative is to go to the plugin section of your WordPress admin area. Click on plugin. Then click on add new plugin. Search for ‘Google Publisher Plugin’. Install and activate the plugin
- Go to Google Publisher Plugin settings on your WordPress dashboard. Add your Adsense publisher ID. Select your ad placement preference right in the Google Publisher Plugin. All is done. Leave the rest for the plugin.
Tips on using Google Plugin for your WordPress Blogs
- Google Publisher Plugin cannot ‘as at now‘ work with WordPress.com hosted blog. This is because WordPress.com hosted blogs are allowed limited number of plugin of which Google Publisher Plugin isn’t one.
- The plugin requires the WordPress version 3.0 and above. If you don’t have the current version of WordPress installed and Google Adsense constitutes major monetization aspect of your blog, this is the time you consider to update your WordPress software.
- Google Publisher Plugin needs PHP version 5.2.0 and above. If you don’t know which version of PHP you run, check your web hosting provider.
Have you tried the Plugin, how do you feel using it? What value does it add compared to the WordPress plugins for Adsense that are already in market before? Let us know through the comment box below. Share the news among fans on social media below.
You can subscribe to my RSS feed by Email to remain updated
You might also be interested in